The synchronous online Master of Education (M.Ed.) program in Birth-Kindergarten Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Development is offered jointly by the Department of Human Development and Family Studies and the Department of Specialized Education Services. The program prepares students to assume leadership roles in diverse settings (both education and community-based) that develop and implement programming for young children with and without disabilities, ages birth to five, and their families.
- Ranked No. 41 out of 321 in Best Online Master’s in Education Programs by US News and World Report.
- The UNC Greensboro School of Education was named one of the 2022 “Top Graduate Schools of Education” by the U.S. News & World Report.
- HDFS is in the Top 49 Best Early Childhood Degree Programs for 2021 by Intelligent.com.
The Student Experience
- Fully online, delivered in a synchronous virtual classroom format, and can be completed in as little as two years.
- Choose from concentrations in Early Childhood Leadership and Advanced Teaching Licensure or Early Childhood Leadership and Program Administration
- Students complete a leadership internship.
- Experienced and committed faculty from the SES and HDFS departments teach, advise, and mentor students in this innovative interdisciplinary program.
- The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® North Carolina Scholarship Program provides scholarships for qualified students in this program.
- This program focuses on leadership, mentoring, consultation, supervision, and administration in a broad range of career settings.
- As of May 2020, the median salary for preschool and childcare directors is $49,160.
- Upon completion of this program, students will be eligible for careers such as: early childhood teacher/director, early interventionist, inclusion specialist, community college instructor, curriculum specialist, early childhood consultant, family specialist/advocate, development specialist, supervisor/administrator, and home-based service provider.
Want more information? Let’s get started!