UNCG’s Human Health Sciences bachelor of science degree prepares graduates for success in entry-level allied health-related industries or to be competitive applicants for allied health-related graduate programs. Students in the program will be introduced to a wide range of allied health careers and pathways to position them for success in the health professions.
The Student Experience
- Students will be eligible to live in the School of Health and Human Sciences Living Learning Community, where they will reside with other students interested in similar career fields, be mentored by faculty, and have dedicated programming, including pizza and game nights with other students in the hall.
- The opportunity for practical learning or shadowing within their chosen career field.
- The chance to be involved in community experiences in the Triad and to make an impact.
- On completion of the degree, students will have the skills to:
- Successfully enter the allied health workforce.
- Be competitive applicants for graduate schools in a range of allied health fields.
- Graduates will be competitive applicants for health-related professional programs, including physician assistants, medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, and occupational therapy, among others.
- Graduates may obtain jobs in entry-level allied health-related jobs, such as clinical research assistant, mobility specialist, clinical administrative assistant, orthopedic technician, health education/wellness specialist, patient financial counselor, health information technician, surgical technician, health and wellness coach, or work site wellness advocate.
Want more information? Let’s get started!
Degree Type: Bachelor's
College/School: School of Health and Human Sciences
Program Type: Majors & Concentrations
Class Type: In Person