Marketing students take cutting edge courses that teach the art and science of U.S. and global marketing through experiential and hands-on learning. Areas of study for students concentrating on Professional Selling include sales management, buyer behavior, key account management, and sales effectiveness. Our curriculum helps to polish students’ communication and persuasion skills, including critical thinking, and interpersonal or relationship building skills.
- Accreditations include SACS and AACSB. Only 1% of business schools worldwide share the Bryan School’s dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting.
- The Bryan School’s Marketing, B.S., as well as its concentrations in Strategic Marketing, Professional Selling, and Social Media Marketing, are offered on campus as well as online.
The Student Experience
- The Bryan School offers a hands-on learning experience. You will complete projects for real companies in multiple courses, including Buyer Behavior, Market Research, Digital Marketing Analytics, Advanced Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Events such as Company Spotlights introduce you to the local business community and provide an overview of available internship and employment prospects.
- There are plenty of other networking opportunities with employers through student organizations such as the American Marketing Association and North Carolina Sales Institute Business.
- Other student clubs include Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, the National Millennial Community, Spartan Investment Club, and THREADS.
Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Oracle, Amazon, Hyatt, and Nike. Job opportunities for Professional Selling graduates include: key account management, sales analyst, sales management, automotive internet sales management, financial services sales agent, real estate sales agent, pharmaceutical sales representative, insurance sales agent, advertising sales agent, and product sales specialist.
Want more information? Let’s get started!
Degree Type: Bachelor's
College/School: Joseph M. Bryan School of Business and Economics
Program Type: Majors & Concentrations
Class Type: In Person,Online
Similar Degree Offerings
Dr. Merlyn Griffiths