Social media marketing involves the use of social media and social network platforms to engage and promote companies’ products and services to existing and new customers. One of the most important trends in marketing over the last two decades, revenue from e-commerce in the U.S. reached $431 billion in 2020, an increase of 19.9% from 2019. In this digital age, digital and social media marketing skills are in high demand. Having a good understanding and skills in social media marketing can help open the door to a promising career.
- Required courses cover crucial topics including social media marketing, digital marketing analytics, consumer behavior, and marketing management.
- You will learn high-demand technical/social media marketing skills, such as SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing), web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics), A/B testing, and email marketing.
- Accreditations include SACS and AACSB. Only 1% of business schools worldwide share the Bryan School’s dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting.
- The Bryan School’s Marketing, B.S., as well as its concentrations in Strategic Marketing, Professional Selling, and Social Media Marketing, are offered on campus as well as online.
The Student Experience
- The Bryan School offers a hands-on learning experience. You will complete projects for real companies in multiple courses, including Buyer Behavior, Market Research, Digital Marketing Analytics, Advanced Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Events such as Company Spotlights introduce students to the local business community and provide an overview of available internship and employment prospects.
- There are plenty of other networking opportunities with employers through student organizations such as the American Marketing Association and North Carolina Sales Institute Business.
- Other student clubs include Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, the National Millennial Community, Spartan Investment Club, and THREADS.
Job opportunities for Social Media Marketing graduates can include:
- Social Media Specialist
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Search Engine Marketing Strategist
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Pay-per-click Specialist
- Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Public Relations Specialist
- eCommerce Consultant
- Online Store Owner
- Content Writer.
Want more information? Let’s get started!