The Master of Science in Nursing degree offers a concentration in Nursing Leadership and Management. The Nursing Leadership and Management concentration requires 37 credit hours and is designed to be completed in seven semesters, beginning with a fall admission. Graduates are prepared for leadership and executive positions in nursing and healthcare, including organizations, the community, and regulatory environments.
- The School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The School of Nursing is recognized by the National League for Nursing as a Center for Excellence in Nursing Education.
- The MSN program is ranked No. 14 nationally in the U.S. News & World Report listing of “Best Online Master’s in Nursing Programs.”
- All didactic courses are online.
- The program requires 504 clinical hours in leadership and management areas.
- Students complete clinicals where they live or work.
The Student Experience
- Students are taught by faculty members who are experts in their fields.
- Work closely with advisers dedicated to nursing students.
- The majority of courses are held online asynchronously, allowing students the flexibility to set their weekly schedules.
- Students have the option to select their own clinical preceptors with assistance from a clinical placement coordinator.
- Job placement greater than 90%.
- Graduates who earn the MSN in Nursing Leadership and Management degree are eligible to apply to the Post-Master’s DNP Concentration.
- Clinical hours obtained in the MSN program are transferable into the DNP program.
- The program prepares students to sit for the American Organization of Nursing Leadership (AONL) Certified Nurse Manager and Nurse Executive Exams with relevant experience.
- Current unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in one of the fifty states or validated credentials by CGFNS for international applicants. Residents of North Carolina must hold unrestricted North Carolina licensure as a registered nurse.
- Official transcripts
- BSN from accredited institution
- Professional references
- Personal statement
Want more information? Let’s get started!