Students are admitted into a doctoral track program and typically will work with a faculty member from one of our four areas – clinical, developmental, cognitive, and social psychology. We also have faculty qualified to direct research in quantitative psychology and biological psychology.
- Equipment facilities include a 64 channel ERP system (Brain Products: actiCHamp and actiCap active electrodes system), remote eye tracking system (SensoMotoric Products), and access to a 3T scanner (Siemens Magnetom Trio).
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Extensive one-on-one mentoring from a faculty advisor and collaborative interactions with many faculty and students designed to develop research skills.
- Because the graduate program is small, each student’s course of study can be tailored to meet individual interests and needs.
- Students are encouraged to become familiar with research being carried on throughout the department by attending colloquia and lab meetings, and by participating in research opportunities in any lab in which facilities can be made available.
- Students are well-prepared for successful careers as licensed psychologists in practice settings, researchers, consultants, or academic psychologists.
- Recent graduates have secured postdoctoral and tenure-track positions as well as positions in non-profit organizations and industry.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!