Students admitted to UNC Greensboro’s esteemed Psychology Ph.D. program choose from one of four areas of focus:
Ph.D. students follow a single curriculum with a uniform set of requirements, but their research programs and seminar courses focus on their unique areas of interest.
- The Ph.D. in Psychology is one of the oldest degree programs at UNCG and is known for its rigorous research and clinical training.
- Equipment facilities include a 64 channel ERP system (Brain Products: actiCHamp and actiCap active electrodes system), remote eye tracking system (SensoMotoric Products), and access to a 3T scanner (Siemens Magnetom Trio).
- Methods training include experimental design, experience and thought sampling, protocol analysis, eye-tracking and pupillometry, and psychometrics.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Students receive extensive one-on-one mentoring from a faculty advisor and collaborate with many faculty and students to develop research skills.
- Because the graduate program is small, each student’s course of study can be tailored to meet individual interests and needs.
- Students typically receive five years of funding, including tuition remission.
- Students are well-prepared for successful careers as researchers, consultants, or academic psychologists.
- Recent graduates have secured postdoctoral and tenure-track positions as well as positions in non-profit organizations and industry.
Want more information? Let’s get started!