The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Interdisciplinary Studies (BLIS) – Professional Studies Concentration is a 100 percent online interdisciplinary degree program. The program provides students with an opportunity to earn their baccalaureate degree online by combining coursework from the humanities, social sciences, and other fields. Students develop the skills, knowledge, and college degree that are helpful in the workplace.
- Ranked as a Best Online Bachelor’s 2021 by U.S. News & World Report.
- The BLS is a 100% online interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary degree program.
- Thirty percent of BLS students have graduated cum laude or higher, and more than 40% have graduated with an honors GPA.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Flexible schedule: The asynchronous class design means students study when they want and when they can. Lectures are pre-recorded and can be viewed at the student’s convenience.
- Small, interactive classes mean students receive individual attention.
- The skills learned in a liberal arts program are less discipline-specific – and therefore more versatile.
- Graduates have gone on to masters’ and doctoral programs (including law schools), to administrative positions in various industries, and to promotions within the places they were already working.
- Upon completing the Professional Studies Concentration, students will be able to:
- Think critically and analytically
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Understand and explain interconnections among the Humanities disciplines
- Appreciate the wide range of human experience
ONLINE DEGREE Required State Authorization Language
Live outside North Carolina?
Currently, UNC Greensboro is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization — a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education.
UNC Greensboro does not guarantee that programs that fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!
Degree Type: Bachelor's
College/School: College of Arts and Sciences
Program Type: Majors & Concentrations
Class Type: Online
Similar Degree Offerings
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Interdisciplinary Studies Program