Focusing on the interconnectedness of social equity, the environment, the economy, and aesthetics, the customizable MS in Sustainability & Environment is designed for professionals pursuing sustainability in any field.
This master’s degree is delivered asynchronously online, and includes options to do either an internship, capstone, or thesis.
- The program is ranked no. 10 in the nation for best online master’s in sustainability and green technologies (Academic Influence, 2022)
- In the master’s degree program, you are closely mentored by award-winning faculty and world-renowned researchers in their fields.
- The program offers six certificates that can be completed as standalone credentials or in tandem with the master’s degree. Certificates include Sustainability, Conservation, Urban and Economic Development, Global and Regional Studies Geography, Climate Justice, and Environmental Humanities.
- The program’s accreditations and affiliations include:
- Association for Environmental Studies & Sciences.
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.
- National Council for Science and the Environment.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- This degree is highly customizable, allowing you to align your course selections with your interests and professional needs. For example, if you need accounting or business skills for a career in ecotourism, there are electives in sustainable development from a business perspective.
- Through case studies, readings, writing, and group discussions in both synchronous and asynchronous classes, you gain transferable skills like research, synthesis, professional communication, and problem solving.
- You will complete the program with either a capstone project, thesis, or internship to provide you with depth of experience.
Graduates are prepared for positions such as:
- Urban Planning
- Energy Efficiency
ONLINE DEGREE Required State Authorization Language
Live outside of North Carolina?
Currently, UNC Greensboro is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization — a law that regulates which states colleges and universities can offer education.
UNC Greensboro does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!