Want to transition to a sustainability-related career path, but lack the required undergraduate courses to enter into an advanced degree program? The post-baccalaureate certificate in sustainability at UNC Greensboro provides the foundational knowledge and skills needed to make this transition.
This certificate is also a direct pathway into the M.S. in sustainability and environment program, as all courses count toward the M.S. degree and the graduate school.
- UNCG is ranked as one of the nation’s most environmentally responsible colleges, according to the Princeton Review (2020).
- Students have access to modern geographic technology, including an oversized cartographic plotter, GPS equipment, and computers with industry-standard software programs like Arc/Info, ArcView, ERDAS Imagine, ArcGIS, Surfer, AtlasGIS, MapInfo, and ER Mapper.
- State-of-the-art laboratories – like the Geomorphology and Weather and Climate Lab, and the Regolith Analysis Laboratory – offer in-depth geographic analysis using the latest precision instruments.
- The program’s accreditations and affiliations include:
- Association for Environmental Studies & Sciences
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- National Council for Science and the Environment
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- The curriculum includes two required core classes and the student’s choice of a selection of sustainability classes in the Department of Geography, Environment, and Sustainability.
- The student may choose, in consultation with their advisor, up to two sustainability-relevant classes from other departments at UNC Greensboro.
Graduates are prepared for positions such as:
- Urban Planning
- Energy Efficiency
Want more information? Let’s get started!