Students interested in applying to law school will benefit from several courses related to law that are offered by a diverse political science faculty. Students may also declare a prelaw concentration as part of their major requirement of 30 hours.
The Prelaw concentration requires:
- PSC 316 Judicial Process
- Nine (9) semester hours from the following:
- PSC 280 Introduction to Law
- PSC 318 Constitutional Law
- PSC 320 Civil Liberties
- PSC 312 Environmental Law and Policy
- PSC 313 Natural Resources Law and Policy
- PSC 314 Wildlife Law and Policy
- PSC 326 Elections, Law and the Courts
- PSC 333 The U.S. Congress*
- PSC 336 Women and the Law
- PSC 399 Public Affairs Internship*
- PSC 341 International Law
- PSC 516 Administrative Law
* "when approved by the department as an appropriate prelaw-related course."
Prelaw Planning Suggestions
Consult the UNCG Bulletin for details.