- 24 consecutive years on Princeton Review’s Best Colleges list
- 32 consecutive years on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges list
- #1 in North Carolina and #18 in the nation for being most successful in enrolling and graduating students from disadvantaged backgrounds (U.S. News & World Report’s social mobility)
- A top university in Forbes’ “America’s Top Colleges” list
- Recognized as a national leader in closing the black-white achievement gap
- Recognized by the Dept. of Education for “excelling in access and success” with Pell-eligible students
- $1.2 million UNCG-McNair Scholars Program prepares first-generation, low-income, and underrepresented undergraduate students for doctoral studies
UNC Greensboro is committed to serving traditionally underserved populations:
- 51% of undergraduates are first-generation students
- 47% of undergraduates are Pell grant eligible
- 51% of the student body are people of color
- Top 3 (tie) in the UNC System for Hispanic/Latino enrollment
- UNCG students have the opportunity to join:
- More than 175 undergraduate areas of study and 250 master’s and doctoral programs
- 187 spaces dedicated to hands-on learning
- 320+ students study abroad
- 700+ undergraduates conduct faculty-sponsored research
- $1 billion economic impact in the Piedmont Triad
- More than $52 million in external funding annually
- 97,000+ Spartan alumni live, work, and make a difference in North Carolina
- 81% of the 2021 graduates stayed in N.C. for a new job, to create a new venture, or continuing education
- Carnegie Foundation classification for higher research activity and community engagement.
- UNCG graduates 400 educators and 300 nurses each year.
- UNCG’s Weatherspoon Art Museum, one of the leading collections of 20th and 21st-century American art in the Southeast, serves nearly 40,000 visitors each year.