The International and Global Studies program at UNC Greensboro empowers students to be engaged global citizens.
The Russian Studies concentration is ideal for students who want to deepen their knowledge of Russia and the former Soviet satellites of Eastern Europe. In this degree program, you will study Russian and Central/Eastern European history, politics, geography, economics, belief systems, social issues, literatures, music and film, and culture.
- Students regularly receive Fulbright research and teaching awards and U.S. State Department Critical Language Scholarships.
- This program takes an interdisciplinary approach, involving courses shared with more than 30 departments and programs across campus, so students can pursue a breadth of interests.
- Students are often honored with membership in the nationally renowned Phi Beta Kappa honor society for the liberal arts and sciences, nomination for UNCG’s prestigious Student Excellence Award, membership in UNCG’s Phi Beta Delta International Scholars Honor Society, and completion of UNCG’s Global Leadership Program.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Coursework focuses on understanding and responding appropriately to ongoing international and global issues.
- All students complete a senior research project with a faculty member related to their chosen major concentration.
- There are plenty of opportunities to participate in a wide range of interculturally focused curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular experiences, including study abroad.
- Study abroad experience is required and helps students gain intercultural competence.
- All students complete at least six credits of advanced foreign language.
- Volunteer and internship opportunities with local nonprofits assisting refugee and immigrant communities are available.
- Upon completion of the Russian Studies program, students’ career options include:
- Graduate Student
- Civil Service Worker
- Humanitarian Aid Worker
- Non-Profit Manager
- Government Affairs Manager
- International Relations Specialist
- Consular/Embassy Assistant
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!