The Kinesiology (formerly ESS) Susan Stout Undergraduate Scholarship
- Rising senior in Kinesiology (formerly Exercise and Sport Science), minimum 75 credits.
- Full time student for past two semesters.
- Minimum of 3.5 GPA.
- Strong leadership and service.
Typically, two of these awards are available.
Mrs. Stout established the Susan Stout Memorial Scholarship Fund in 1963 in memory of her daughter who received a B.S degree in Physical Education in 1958. Originally, the award was made annually to a rising senior major in Physical Education (now Kinesiology--formerly Exercise and Sport Science) who demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and service. The fund, because of its dramatic growth over the years, and the generosity of Susan's classmates, alumni and friends now supports students from all departments in the School of Health and Human Performance, undergraduate and graduate.
Susan C. Stout graduated from the Woman's College (now UNCG) with a B.S. in Physical Education in 1958. Throughout her college career, Susan was an academically strong student and held many student leadership and service roles. She was a graduate student at The University of Illinois studying psychology at the time of her death.
The following materials must be included with your application:
- UNC Genie Transcript
- written statement of your professional goals
- resume (suggested headings include: professional experience; participation in departmental, school, or university activities and organizations; community; honors and awards)