The Italian Program
The Italian program in this Department offers four semesters of undergraduate language study. Italian language courses are offered every semester for beginning and intermediate students. Completion of the four-semester Italian sequence will satisfy UNCG's foreign language requirement and will prepare students for study abroad in Italy.
Italian Program Goals
- To provide language training in the basic skills of speaking, reading, writing, and listening comprehension.
- To promote humanist values in the liberal arts tradition that derive particularly from the study of the language, literature and culture of Italy.
- To increase students' understanding of language as structure and process.
- To provide enlightening encounters with cultures and modes of thought different from one's own.
- Click here to view the Italian Language Brochure