University Registrar's Office

Additional Requirements for the School of Health and Human Sciences

Return to Schools Menu

Communication Sciences and Disorders: Speech Pathology and Audiology

Majors must have an overall GPA of 3.0 after transfer of at least 55 semester hours. Application deadline: May 31. 

Human Development and Family Studies

Transfer students with 60 semester hours may apply for admission after completing 12 semester hours at UNCG.


Students who enter the UNCG Kinesiology major as transfers in the junior year should expect to take at least an extra semester of work unless they enter with a strong background in science (UNCG BIO 111, 271, 277) and physical education activities. For those students seeking Teacher Licensure who are also required to complete a second academic concentration, the time commitment may be further extended.


Must earn grades of C or better in all required NTR and related area courses.

Public Health

  1. Students must be formally admitted to the Public Health major.
    1. Contact the Department of Public Health Education in 437 HHP Building or at 336/334-5532 to schedule a meeting for advising.
    2. Meet with the primary academic advisor to select a concentration.
  2. Students may apply to the major only after completion and/or transfer of 15 semester hours.
  3. Students must have an overall grade point average of at least 2.50 to be admitted to the major.

Transfer students with 60 semester hours may apply for admission to the Community Health Education concentration after completing 12 semester hours at UNCG with a minimum GPA of 2.50.

Social Work

The student who wishes to formally declare Social Work as a major should consult with the Undergraduate Program Director. Admission to the major is based upon: satisfactory completion of UNCG SWK 215 with a grade of C or higher; a minimum University GPA of 2.50; completion of a minimum of 51 s.h.; and completion and submission of the B.S.W. Application Packet by May 1 of the year in which the student is seeking admission.

Additional Note:

All elective courses must be chosen from college transferable courses.