As a world-class institution, UNC Greensboro welcomes faculty and researchers from around the world. The Exchange Visitor Program, administered by the U.S. Department of State, allows UNCG to use the J-1 Exchange Visitor immigration classification to invite or employ visiting scholars including foreign professors, research scholars, short-term scholars and specialists in the U.S. temporarily.

The International Programs Center (IPC) facilitates the process of departments inviting international visiting scholars who will come on a J-1 visa. Services provided include assisting departments through the visiting scholar invitation and appointment processes and issuing of the DS-2019 immigration document and visa acquisition. Upon their arrival, IPC also offers visiting scholars a new scholar orientation program, immigration and other advice throughout their stay, and cultural programming opportunities. Departments wishing to appoint international faculty, staff, or researchers to permanent and/or tenure-track related EHRA positions in such visa/immigration classifications as H-1b, O-1, TN, or permanent resident should visit Immigration Services in the Office of the Provost.

Share This