A community resource that cares about your safety and security.
Our mission is to provide proactive, professional law enforcement services to the community in support of the University’s mission.
- Integrity – We are honest and ethical in our personal and professional lives.
- Compassion – We have compassion for those we serve and for each other.
- Fairness – Our actions are free from favoritism or bias, respecting the dignity and worth of every person.
- Accountability – We expect to be held responsible for our actions and responsibilities by the public and our fellow employees.
- Excellence – What we do every day will demonstrate our commitment to performing at our very best.
It is the main goal of the UNCG Police to protect and serve the UNCG campus community. With that goal in mind, the department offers many ways to educate the community about campus security procedures and practices. Take advantage of all the free programs offered by the UNCG Police including basic and advanced self-defense, active shooter response, police ride alongs, and many more.
The UNCG Police Department is committed to providing the highest level of campus law enforcement services available. We are counting on you to not only take responsibility for your own safety but the safety of others. The police department offers services like fingerprinting, campus lost and found, victim assistance, and more to help you and your fellow Spartans achieve a safe and secure community.
There are four main ways to contact the UNCG Police.
- Walk-in: come visit us 24/7 at the police building located at 1200 W. Gate City Blvd.
- Call: emergencies – 336.3334.4444, non-emergencies – 336.334.5963
- File an online report: there are several types of reports depending on your situation.
- SpartanSafe: submit a tip, request a safe walk, or chat with us live through the SpartanSafe Mobile Safety App on your mobile phone.