Physical Wellness is the functional and operational soundness of the body and includes nutrition, exercise, and sleep. The Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness offers a plethora of opportunities to help you achieve your physical goals. From state-of-the-art equipment to Aromatherapy workshops, we seek to join you on your journey to optimal health. Learn how Physical Wellness connects with the other Dimensions of Wellness to bring balance into your life so that you can thrive, flourish and reach your goals.
goals for your physical wellness
- Move your body every day in ways that bring you joy.
- Nourish your body regularly with nutrient-dense foods.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule and get between 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Practice safer sex and get tested for STIs, at least annually, if you are sexually active.
- Develop and engage in leisure activities.
- Abstain from or use alcohol in moderation.
- Learn to recognize signs and signals when your body begins to feel ill or out of sorts.
- Seek medical attention when needed for preventative care, as well as illness and injury.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.